Introduction on Delivery Manager Panel
In the delivery manager panel, all the details about the access to what the delivery manager has will be explained below. The general settings, how much control a delivery manager has over the order, commission, managing delivery boy, etc are all part of the Delivery Manager Panel.
- Overview of orders.
- Graphical representation for quick understanding.
- The number of delivery members, the total number of orders, successfully delivered orders.
- Enable/Disable customer ratings, customer data protection.
- Set delivery type (Auto/Manual) to be assigned for delivery boy. (Explained below in detail under NEW ORDER MANAGEMENT)
- Enable/Disable commission for the delivery boy for the failed orders.
Delivery Boy Management
Add a delivery boy or manage the existing delivery boys through the delivery boy management settings.
Add Delivery Boy:
Add the details of the delivery boy by adding the following details.
- Response Time – set the particular time limit within which a delivery boy can accept/reject the order.
- Base Fare – set the minimum fare amount for the delivery boys or just give commission by setting base fare as 0.00.
- Fare Type – Fare type denotes how a delivery boy will get his fare, on the basis of per kilometer or on the basis of per minute from the time he picked up an order.
- Per Kilometer/Minute Charge – set per charge kilometer/minutes amount this will be earned by the delivery person.
- Number of order Limit – The maximum number of orders per day that a delivery person is authorized to deliver.
Manage Delivery Boy:
Once after adding the delivery boy, the delivery manager has the right to edit the information or Block/Unblock or even delete permanently any delivery boy, or change his fare rates, number of orders, etc. Through manage delivery boy option, a delivery manager can download the list of all the delivery boys if need be.
New Order Management
- List of new orders notified will be displayed in new order management.
- The new orders are shown only if the delivery type is set to manual.
- Details of the customer’s name and shipping address, restaurant details of placed order, order ID, order date, pre-order items if any, payment status, order amount, invoice details, etc are displayed.
The two types of delivery options a delivery manager can set are:
Type 1 - Manual
Delivery manager will be notified about any new order placed by the customers. Once the delivery manager is notified and opens the order, he can assign the orders to the delivery boys. This process of delivery manager assigning the new orders can be done only when the delivery preference set earlier in general settings was Manual.
To Manually assign orders, click on any of the new orders Assign Orders. Once you click on Assign Orders, a new window will open, where delivery manager can see list of delivery boys to whom he can assign the orders.
Type 2 - Automatic
The new orders will be assigned automatically based on the delivery boy who is nearest to the restaurant location. The delivery boy has the response time set by the delivery manager to either accept or reject the order.
Order Rejected By Delivery Boy
- Number of orders rejected by the delivery person.
- Reason for rejecting the order.
- Order details of the rejected order.
- Details of the delivery boy rejecting the order.
- Option to reassign the order, by selecting reassign order option. Click on Reassign order in a new window select the delivery boys to assign the order.
- Click on View, to see the reasons for rejecting the order and to see the invoice details.
- Detailed list of all orders.
- Date range to view orders for the selected dates.
- Click on to view the invoice and track order. Once clicking on Track order a detailed tracking will be shown as below:
- Search options to view orders based on customer's name, order ID, merchant, order amount, delivery boy’s name, etc.
- Track everything related to the commission for the delivery manager.
- Commission to be paid and received by the delivery manager.
- Overall orders, amount of total order by the particular delivery boy.
Use the search button searching for a particular delivery person alone.
Delivery Boy Map
Locate any delivery boy by their name, location or the mobile number to find delivery boys in the map.